Monday, January 03, 2022

Compliment

Early this afternoon, the Twins and I went on a short walk into a park up in the foothills near the house so we could fly one of their drones.


Almost immediately after take-off, the freakin Reno hurricane winds took it crashing directly into some rocky scrub - on a foothill with an 80-degree incline! - about 100 yards away.    We did a brief search but with all the snow lately the ground was super soft sand combined with softball size rocks.     Perfect for a concussion or compound fracture.   I told the Grrlz  "No, no, and maybe...no."

So we drove back home to the sounds of sniffling and whimpering tweens.   They acted like they lost a pet goldfish.

An hour later one of em came down pleading to see if we could go back up and look one more time.    There was still enough light, so I said "sure".

Fast forward.....as the Grrlz walked ahead, I saw the drone down the sandy hill.    I grabbed, clawed my way back up with the *%@! prize and limped triumphantly to the Grrlz.    They were ecstatic. 

In the car on the way home Millie said "Daddy, you're a son-of-a-bitch."

Me (not angry, but comically confused)  "What?"

Millie:  "I saw that when someone does something amazing, you call them a son-of-a-bitch."

Me nodding:  "Thank you, Honey"